2007/11/23

brass band





I belong to “Kumamoto citizen brass band”. Our band was established 25 years ago. At first, it began for people who graduated from high school. Now there are many generation in our band. From high school student to over 40 years old. There are about seventy people in our brass band.




When I was 13 years old, I bought my trumpet at instrument shop which shop’s sells man is our band’s conductor. And then I played with Kumamoto citizen brass band. It was good experience for me. I have quieted to play the trumpet. I would like to restart to play the trumpet someday. One day I met my conductor at restaurant where I worked as a waitress. I said “long time no see” to him. He invited me to his band. And I entered it.





We practice on every Saturday night. Every summer we enter for competition for brass band. It is national wild competition. There are 3 steps to enter for the national competition. It is prefecture competition, district competition and national competition. If we get good award, we can enter for upper competition. This year we entered for Kyusyu competition and got gold award there but we couldn’t enter for national competition. We practice music not only big competition but also small festival and wedding band. Playing at festival is a little tired but fun.




I would like to introduce an annual plan of our band. In July and August we enter for summer competition. From after that to December we practice for some festivals and wedding band. From January to April we practice for subscription concert. It is corpus of our annual activity. We play many tunes on this concert. Practice for it is very hard. But after succeed it, we fell a great sense of achievement. This year we held winter concert. It is a first time for our band. We intend to attract young people who don’t like classic music. If you don’t have any plan on December 23, please come and enjoy our stage.




Our band is very friendly band. Every weekend we practice for some competition or festival. We like to play the instrument in front of many people. If you like to play the instrument and have your instrument, you can enter for our brass band. Actually practice every Saturday night is a little hard for me, because I have many home works. But playing the trumpet is fun for me. I can refresh my mind. I made many friends in this band. I will quite this band on next April. But I would like to enter it someday again! If are you interested in our activity, please check our home page.


[470 words]

1 件のコメント:

Mari さんのコメント...

You are belong to a good band.
Your essay is very easy to read.
There is nothing to advice you